Snorkelling is a wonderful way to spend a hot summer’s day at the lake or to explore the underwater worlds on holiday in exotic locations around the world. If you want to explore the fantastic underwater landscapes and observe fish in their natural environment, you should choose one of the best snorkeling masks.
In several snorkel mask tests the following models have proven to be the best snorkel masks. If you want to go snorkelling yourself soon, you should choose a mask from the list and your next snorkelling trip will surely be unforgettable.
Snorkelling is very popular. Manufacturers have recognized this and developed numerous new models. The wide range of available masks makes it difficult for beginners to choose a snorkeling mask.
In an extensive research we have done various snorkel mask tests, read product data sheets and watched YouTube videos on the subject. The result is this list of the best snorkeling masks. Whoever chooses a mask from this list of the best makes a good decision and will have something of this purchase for a long time.
The Best Snorkel Masks
| || Dekugaa Full Face Snorkel Mask, |
- Dekugaa full face snorkel mask has three completely separate air channels(Intermediate air intake, air outlet on both sides) which can effectively prevent the re-inhalation of exhaled CO2, thus ensuring that you inhale fresh air every time. When you snorkel, you won't feel dizzy or even suffocated by inhaling a mixture of air and CO2, hence maximizing safety
- The double exhaust passage will double the ventilation speed to prevent the exhaled gas from entering the observation sun visor and causing fogging. We use food grade silicone, safe and non-toxic, good elasticity, and the enlarged silicone skirt is more suitable for your face, effectively preventing leakage. The deeper silicone lining does not put too much pressure on your nose bridge to ensure that you are comfortable to wear.
- 180 Degree Full face design Panoramic full face snorkel mask gives you superior views over a standard diving mask for beautiful underwater adventures, makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose when snorkeling.The Snorkel Mask Full Face has Camera stand, you can capture every amazing moment in the sea and share it with your friends and family.
| || Greatever G2 Full Face Snorkel Mask |
- [PANORAMIC VIEW AND SUPPORT CAMERA MOUNT]Our snorkel mask adopts transparent flat lense made by high definition premium PU resin, preventing from distoring the view and eliminating the dizziness underwater. With the removable motion camera mount allows you to clearly discover the underwater world.
- [G2 DRY TOP SYSTEM] G2 snorkel mask is designed by a famous designer. We adheres to folding design, as well as the addition of a two-channel exhaust valve,and to expanded the diameter of the top snorkel to 1.26 inches.
- [BREATHING FREELY AND MAXIMUM AIR INTAKE] After two years of repeated exploration and improvement, our G2 full face snorkel mask has the outstanding performance in breathing and air intake. When you use our snorkel mask for surface snorkeling, you will feel comfortable and smooth breathing.
| || SwimStar Snorkel Set for Women and |
- This snorkel set is great for outfitting the whole family. With a variety of different colors you are sure to find something for the whole family. Snorkel mask comes with fully adjustable head straps and a high-grade silicon face skirt which molds to fit virtually any face shape, fit for women and men.
- Anti-fog coating for clear viewing; tempered glass lens lasts longer than regular; Comfort-fit liquid silicone skirt for water-tight seal, Hypoallergenic silicone mouthpiece for comfort, epecially suitable for long-term use in free snorkeling.
- This scuba diving mask features a single lens design giving you an unobstructed clear view of the beautiful underwater world. The skirt edge expertly conforms to the shape of your face giving you watertight performance. With an easy to adjust buckle you will be able to get the perfect fit from this mask.
| || OMORC Adult Snorkel Set,Anti Leak |
- The OMORC ADVANTAGE:Join the 5 million+ snorkeling & swimming enthusiasts with our snorkel set.
- ANTI-LEAK:OMORC snorkel set has a very soft liquid silicone skirt,reduces face water pressure,seals on your face well without worrying about water leakage,make your snorkeling experience better.(NOTE:ADJUST ELASTIC SILICONE STRAP TO FIT SNUGLY).
- ANTI-FOG AND SUPER CLEAR: Advanced lens shape design and tempered glass with anti-fog treatment means you'll have a crystal clear underwater experience.OMORC Snorkeling gear gives you hours of enjoyable swimming, diving, or snorkeling.
| || TINMIU Full Face Snorkel Mask The |
- Natural Breathing with Our Newest Snorkel Masks: Unlike normal snorkel set, while using a full face mask you can inhale and exhale through either your nose or mouth. The natural breathing helps keep you calmer and more relaxed in the water. The absence of a mouth piece, also make extended snorkeling more comfortable, allowing you to snorkel longer.
- The Most Efficient Upgraded Safety Breathing System: Unlike all the snorkel mask on the market, our snorkel mask does not only completely separate air channels, we've also upgraded the exhale system by building a one-way outlet valve on the cheek, which makes the co2 be discharged immediately. At the mean time we've enlarged and lengthened the inhale tube. So there will be much more fresh air provided during snorkeling.
- Anti-fogging Technology: This snorkel mask allows you to breathe with both your mouth and nose without impairing vision. Thanks to our newest breathing system. The breathing chamber is totally separated from view area, so that the exhaled gas will be discharged immediately. Which means there is no way exhaled gas will enter into view area and cause fog. And we've also changed the curve lens into flat lens. Transparent flat lens can offer distortion free, clear uninterrupted 180 degree view.
| || ZIPOUTE Snorkel Mask Full Face, |
- 180° FULL FACE SNORKELING MASK: Panoramic full face mask gives you the fullest visibility for an impressive diving experience compared to standard diving mask or other traditional snorkel goggles mask, which makes it easier than ever to breathe comfortably through your mouth or nose when snorkeling.
- ANTI-FOG AND ANTI-LEAK DRY SNOREKL TECHNOLOGY: Features separated inhaling and exhaling channel system, it prevents the top snorkel mask from fogging up, and anti-fog coating on the lens ensures anti-fog effect. Advanced leak-proof silicone sealing mask with floating ball stops water from entering in mask.
- CAMERA MOUNT DESIGN: The snorkeling mask full face has Camera stand, compatible with removable motion camera, allowing you to capture every amazing moment in the sea and share beautiful snorkeling view with your friends and family.
| || Keystand Full Face Snorkel Mask, |
- New Safety Breathing Mechanism Snorkel Mask: The Keystand dry top snorkel mask full-face uses a less complex technology that you’ll be inhaling through the top tube and exhaling through two valves at the side-bottom. And the Anti-fog flat crystal lens, enough breathing space and coating for a pristine ocean experience, that allow you get to enjoy the more crystal-clear views than other masks, with less distortion and HD180-degree panoramic views.
- 25% Lighter than Other Diving Gear: The portable snorkel mask perfect for frequent travelers and backpackers! With the detachable tube, attachments and materials. There’s no compromise on quality or features - just less weight for you to carry around. The updated exhalation valve on both sides can meet long-term snorkeling without dizziness and hypoxia symptoms. Easy to take off and put on, you can remove the mask quickly and easily in emergency. Please Note: Do never snorkel alone.
- Anti-leaking for Easy Breathing: The snorkel mask features the same anti-leak silicone seal system as other full face masks, with two floating balls in the snorkel tube that prevent water from entering your mask. No more choking, no salty water wrinkling your lips, and you can float safely knowing that the bubbles will be around you but not in your mouth. Wow. That's funny 🙂
| || Greatever Dry Snorkel Set,Panoramic |
- AFTER SALES SERVICE：As long as you are our customers,since the day you buy snorkel set. We will provide 24-hour uninterrupted service. We sincerelly believe we will bring the customers the most satisfied buying experience.
- ANT FOGGING AND NO LEAKING: Greatever snorkeling set use the most stable dry floating valve design,and the flexible breath tube is easy to breath and drain,the diving mask is made of tempered galss lenses which can prevent strong ultraviolet rays,and the lens surface has been specially anti-fog treatment .
- CLEAR LENSES AND PANORAMIC VIEW: This mask features a single layer of tempered glass lens designed for snorkeling,swimming and scuba diving,the skirt is made of soft hypoallergenic transparent silicone,the ultra visibility provided by the single lens and the unusual shape of the frame extend in all directions.
| || WSTOO Full Face Snorkel |
- [18 MONTHS FREE REPLACEMENT] From the date of your purchase of WSTOO snorkel mask, the product has failed and can be replaced free of charge within 18 months! So you don't have to worry about wasting your money. If you have any complaints, please feel free to contact us and we will provide you with the best solution.
- [NEWEST SAFETY BREATHING SYSTEN] WSTOO's full face snorkel mask has three completely separate air channels(Intermediate air intake, air outlet on both sides) which can effectively prevent the re-inhalation of exhaled CO2, thus ensuring that you inhale fresh air every time. When you snorkel, you won't feel dizzy or even suffocated by inhaling a mixture of air and CO2, hence maximizing safety.
- [AMAZING ANTI-FOG&ANTI-LEAK TECHNOLOGY] The double exhaust passage will double the ventilation speed to prevent the exhaled gas from entering the observation sun visor and causing fogging. We use food grade silicone, safe and non-toxic, good elasticity, and the enlarged silicone skirt is more suitable for your face, effectively preventing leakage. The deeper silicone lining does not put too much pressure on your nose bridge to ensure that you are comfortable to wear.
| || Dry Snorkel Mask Set Snorkeling |
- Dry-wet Switchable top Float Valve– The top float valve can be removed and become a wet snorkel for dry snorkel. You can take off the float valve for faster and deeper diving if you are a professional diver. It also can take on and prevent water from entering when submerged. This snorkel set is perfect for both professional and beginner
- Foldable and Compact for Traveling – The snorkel tube can be foldable in hands, super compact for carry. Also come with a portable shoulder bag with drawstring, you can take it on shoulder or just hold on hands
- Purge Valve System - A one-way opening purge valve allows you to easily clear water from your snorkel for energy conservation and better breath control
Guide: Choosing a snorkeling mask
The masks in our list differ in design, but they are similar in certain characteristics. If you want to buy a snorkeling mask, you should pay attention to the following features.
Wearing comfort is most important for snorkeling masks. Before looking at additional features, make sure the mask fits comfortably. Most snorkel masks come with an adjustable strap and can be adjusted to fit different head sizes. This way the masks fit closer to the face, are more comfortable and ultimately work better.
Field of view
The masks come in different designs, ranging from rimless to 180 degree snorkeling masks. Good visibility is very important when snorkeling. The full face masks offer a full 180° view and therefore hardly restrict the normal field of vision. Full face masks also offer a good view vertically. Rimless snorkel masks allow an even better view.
Not only spectacle wearers know how fast lenses can fog up. Sweat and air exhaled from the nose would also lead to fogging of the snorkel masks. Most models, however, have mechanisms that prevent exactly that.
Wearing high quality snorkel goggles with an appropriate device means that you do not have to constantly return to the surface to clean the mask. So don’t let a fogging mask ruin your next snorkeling trip.
The masks must fit seamlessly to the face to prevent water from penetrating. This would quickly lead to fogging of the mask and water accumulation. The result would be that you would have to surface frequently and empty the snorkel mask. Choosing a waterproof snorkel mask is therefore important to ensure that no water gets into your eyes and that you can observe the unique underwater landscapes and underwater activities undisturbed.
The snorkel is another important part of a snorkeling mask. Good models have valves attached to the end of the snorkel. These valves ensure that no water enters the snorkel and are especially important when snorkeling in the sea.
If a new wave comes in, you don’t want to inhale water. Adults who are good swimmers can handle this. However, it can be dangerous for children and less experienced swimmers.
With an appropriately equipped snorkel mask you can dive deep underwater without the constant fear of water entering the snorkel.
For transportation, snorkel masks with a flexible snorkel prove to be very practical. They can be bent and can be squeezed into free niches in your backpack or suitcase.
The mouthpiece also plays an important role. It should sit comfortably in the mouth. Especially recommended are models with a mouthpiece made of silicone, which experience has shown to be the most comfortable.
FAQ: Frequently asked questions about snorkeling masks answered
How do snorkeling masks work?
The rim of most snorkel masks is made of silicone. The flexible material is pressed tightly against the face, making it waterproof and airtight. Such a mask sits above the eyes, under the nose and on the cheeks. Inside the mask there is only air. Breathing is through a mouthpiece, which is supplied with fresh air from the surface via the snorkel. Full face masks are an alternative, where snorkel and diving goggles become one piece.
How do you clean a snorkel mask?
After a snorkeling trip the mask should be rinsed with clean water. Cleaning prevents salt, algae and dirt from settling in the goggles. Grains of sand prove to be particularly treacherous.
On the beach the snorkel mask quickly falls into the sand. The fine grains act like sandpaper and cause hundreds of small scratches on the glasses, which ultimately impair the view.
The simple washing of the mask takes only one to two minutes, but it makes sure that the mask lasts for a long time.
How do you prevent fogging of a snorkeling mask?
Many of the snorkel masks on display have mechanisms to prevent fogging. A practical trick also helps with other models. Simply rub the mask with toothpaste – yes. with toothpaste. The amount should be sufficient to form a thin layer over the entire glass. The toothpaste is then rinsed with water. Be careful not to clean the glass with your fingers, as the diving goggles would quickly fog up in the areas you touch.
If you are already on the water, simply spit instead of the toothpaste. This sounds disgusting at first, but it works wonderfully.
How do you wear a snorkeling mask?
A snorkeling mask should not only be firmly clamped to the forehead. There is then too great a risk that the mask will slip off and disappear into the depths of the water. The snorkeling mask, on the other hand, should be put on so that the pressure is distributed evenly over the cheeks, nose and forehead.
Wearing the mask is best practised in the dry, before going straight into the cool water. Especially breathing through the snorkel is quite unusual at the beginning.
Why does water come into the snorkel mask?
The most common reason for water getting into the snorkel mask is that the mask does not close up properly with the face. A model that is too large may leave a gap through which the water finds its way into the mask. So make sure your snorkel mask is the right size and is centered in the face. It is also important that no hair is trapped between the mask and the face.
If the mask is very dirty, water can also get into the mask. Another possible problem is simply wear and tear. For example, grains of sand or heat can damage the rubber edges, making them porous and allowing water to find its way inside the mask.
How to care for snorkeling masks properly?
Snorkeling equipment is often used in salt water, which, if not treated after use, can quickly lead to corrosion and shorten the life of the mask. Therefore always rinse your snorkel mask with warm (fresh) water to prevent corrosion.
The masks are also quite vulnerable to sunlight. If the mask gets too hot, plastic parts can bend and the silicone edge can melt. If you take proper care of the snorkel mask, you will have fun with it for years to come.
Snorkeling is one of the best ways to explore the impressive underwater worlds. This sport, for which hardly any equipment is needed, is one of the coolest activities for a day on the water. Snorkelling is cheap and something for the whole family. With the snorkel masks from our list you are always ready for an adventure – no matter if you want to explore the local quarry pond or marvel at coral reefs in tropical holiday paradises.
Average rating 5 with a total of 2 votes